Nightowl’s high flying franchisees awarded
Gladstone franchisees had reason to celebrate recently when they were named Nightowl’s Franchisee of the Year for the second consecutive year. The annual NightOwl Awards for Excellence black-tie gala event held at Jupiters on the Gold Coast was attended by more than 140 franchisees, support office staff and business partners from across Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria.
While the Gladstone franchisees Mary and Bruce Speare were ecstatic to win the companyÕs most prestigious award, Greg and Karin Wiszniewski from NightOwl Palm Beach scooped the second major award of Best Debut by a Franchisee. The newcomers also won the 2011 Operational Excellence Award.
NightOwl franchisor Adam Adams, said “The driving force behind the NightOwl company are the enthusiastic franchisees. We are extremely fortunate to have these fantastic people operating our stores.
The 2011 award winners
- Franchisee of the Year: Bruce and Mary Speare, Gladstone
- Best Debut by a Franchisee: Greg and Karin Wiszniewski, Palm Beach
- Category Management: Terry Smith and Athol White, Yeronga
- Marketing: Matt and Kelly Lewis, Springfield Lakes
- Operational Excellence: Greg and Karin Wiszniewski, Palm Beach
- Customer Service Excellence: Allan and Jan Woodward, Clayfield
- Food Service Champion: Nick and Roz Woodham, Lismore
- Cool Water Champion: Emilio Wang, Albert Street
- Frozen Coke Champion: Ken and Kirsty Sivyer, Greenfields Mackay
- Supplier of the Year: Andrew Lynch, Parmalat
Australian owned and operated, NightOwl and its franchisees operate convenience stores across Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria, employing more than 550 staff.