NightOwl celebrates franchisee excellence
High performing franchisees have been recognised for their efforts in the NightOwl convenience store chain. Ian and Lisa McLauchlan of the New Farm outlet scooped both the Franchisee of the Year award and the Operational Excellence Award.
“We’re thrilled to be recognised for our efforts. We have amazing staff in our store and thank NightOwl for their tremendous support with ongoing staff training and updates on store systems and promotions,” the winners said.
More than 130 NightOwl franchisees, business partners, suppliers and staff members gathered in Queenstown New Zealand for the company’s annual conference and to celebrate the convenience chains annual Awards for Excellence.
National buying and marketing manager for NightOwl Richard Elsley said the conference was an annual event aimed to connect franchisees with all key stakeholders and present an outline of where the business was heading over the next year and beyond.
“With the support of our franchisees, NightOwl has grown to 66 stores across the Eastern Seaboard and we are aggressively looking for opportunities where we can stamp our footprint in new markets. It’s an exciting brand and over the past 30 years we have become one of the Nation’s largest stand alone convenience operator with more than 4,000 product lines,” Elsley said.
- Swamy and Sarvani Juluru of NightOwl Helensvale were awarded Best Debut by a Franchise award.
- Supplier of the Year – Coca-Cola Amatil
- Category Management Award – Bruce and Mary Speare, NightOwl Gladstone
- Marketing Award 2012 – Matt and Kelly Lewis, NightOwl Springfield Lakes
- Frozen Coke Champion 2012 – Nick and Roz Woodham, NightOwl Lismore
- Cool Water Champion 2012 – Ethan Shen, NightOwl George Street
- Food Service Champion 2012 – Tamara Goodes and Steven Leigh, NightOwl Victoria Street (Mackay)
- Customer Excellence Champion 2012 – Kirsty and Ken Sivyer, NightOwl North Mackay
Australian owned and operated, NightOwl and its franchisees operate convenience stores across Queensland, New South Wales and Victoria, employing more than 550 staff across 65 stores.