Bakers Delight 'Bundraising' for sick kids
Bakery franchise, Bakers Delight, is preparing to bake over 500,000 fresh hot cross buns on 9 April, to raise money for sick children at hospitals across the country.
Bundraiser Day will see all 630 Bakers Delight bakeries nationwide donate $1 from every six pack of hot cross buns sold to raise over $123,000 for the purchase of essential medical equipment in hospitals.
Chris Caldwell, general manager at Bakers Delight, said "With over 165 million hot cross buns fresh baked across the network over the past 31 years, Easter is by far our busiest time of the year. It’s a great opportunity to give back to hospitals across the country".
Nationally, hospitals set to benefit from Bakers Delight’s fundraising efforts include:
- Royal Children’s Hospital Good Friday Appeal (VIC)
- Sydney Children’s Hospital Foundation (NSW)
- Royal Children’s Hospital Foundation (QLD)
- Princess Margaret Hospital Foundation (WA)
- Women’s and Children’s Hospital Foundation (SA)
- Royal Hobart Hospital (TAS)
- The Canberra Hospital (ACT)