Be your own boss: 6 success tips
A few years ago, Simone Milasas was $187,0000 in debt with very little to show for it. Today she is the founder of Joy of Business and BDM at Access Consciousness and an international property owner.
Simone says “I didn’t change my financial reality all at once. I got there one choice at a time and you can, too.”
If you would like to change your financial reality in 2020, perhaps invest in a franchise, the first step is to stop making excuses for what you have not yet created, she says.
The second is to stop doubting and put limitations on yourself that sabotage your success.
“Take action. You are the most important ingredient in the success of your business.”
Not sure how to get out of your own way? Here are six key tips from Simone that will set you up for business success.
Be your own boss: 6 tips
- Acknowledge your capacities and how great you can be. Stop listening to others who knock you down. And understand that you don’t have to know everything now – ask questions and believe in your ability to learn. Surround yourself with experts in what you want, and learn from them.
- Give yourself permission to know what you want. Be okay with wanting more. If you find yourself not wanting more, realise that’s a choice you’ve made. If you’re willing to be aware of that choice, you can change it.
- Be audacious in what you ask for. Make your demands bigger, and don’t dilute your desire just because someone says “no”. No is just no. It’s not a judgement and it has no power over you, unless you allow it.
- Ask questions. You have to get out of your old judgements, and questions are the key to this. Ask yourself things like, “What else is possible? How do I make this happen?”
- Take action. You can’t sit on the couch watching The Biggest Loser and drinking beer and expect to have $1 million in your bank account tomorrow. To get the things you want in life, you have to be willing to take action.
- Be patient and enjoy the moment. Some things you create require you to work hard, so look at it as an adventure and just allow it unfold in its time. Don’t make everything a life or death situation. Enjoy the ride and take time to “taste life” along the way.
“Take action. You are the most important ingredient in the success of your business. Use these tools to go beyond your current limitations and into the success that is possible.”
Ask yourself, what would it take for 2020 to be your best year yet? Are you ready?
This is an edited version of an article that first appeared in Inside Small Business magazine, issue 27. Inside Small Business is a sibling publication to Inside Franchise Business.