Winners announced in FCA regional awards: Queensland
The Franchise Council of Australia honoured franchising’s best in Queensland on Friday night at the FCA Qld/NT Excellence in Franchising Awards for 2014.
Finalists and guests attended the dinner at the Hilton Hotel in Brisbane, and enjoyed the charismatic Laurie Lawrence, former Olympic swimming coach and water safety ambassador with PoolWerx was the speaker for the evening.
Jason Gerhke, FCA QLD deputy chairman, was the master of ceremonies.
- Multi-Unit Franchisee of the Year: Ann and Graham Thatcher, Ella Bache
- Franchisee of the Year, two or more staff: April and Tony Carnie, Nicki Nesbitt and Wiesiek Lewandowski, Shingle Inn – Mt Ommaney
- Franchisee of the Year, less than two staff: Maria and Wayne Varkevisser, Pack & Send Chermside
- Franchise Woman of the Year: Sharon Jurd, Hydrokleen
- Field Manager of the Year: Andrew Kidd, Poolwerx
- Franchisee Community Responsibility and Contribution: David Price, Grill’d Cairns
Franchise Woman of the Year, Sharon Jurd sees real benefit in participating in the Australian franchise sector on a community level and believes that has helped her succeed.
“I think the benefit of the Australian franchising community is that it brings people under the same banner… I think both men and women are embraced in the Australian franchising community. I’ve found that to be extremely beneficial as a female franchisor. I’ve found it a great community to be a part of and I’m really excited by what’s happening in the industry,” she said.
Following their success, all winners have all qualified as finalists for the MYOB FCA National Excellence in Franchising Awards. The gala dinner will be held at Allphones Arena in Sydney on Tuesday 28 October at the culmination of the National Franchise Convention.
MORE REGIONAL AWARDS COMING UP:
SW/ACT FCA Excellence in Franchising Awards – Friday 25 July
BDA/Finn Franchise Brokers WA FCA Excellence in Franchising Awards – Friday 1 August
Aon SA FCA Excellence in Franchising Awards – Friday 8 August
VIC/TAS FCA Excellence in Franchising Awards – Friday 22 August