Who were the winners in the first regional FCA awards for 2016?
The important contributions that franchising makes to local communities and the opportunities the sector provides to foster business success were on show at the Franchise Council of Australia’s 2016 QLD/NT Excellence in Franchising Awards presentations in Brisbane on 8 February.
Winners at the event included Drew Sherwin and Amanda Monaghan of Specsavers, Australia Fair, who were named the QLD/NT Single Unit Franchisee of the Year, two or more staff; and Brazilian Beauty’s Francesca Webster, who took home the QLD/NT Franchise Woman of the Year award.
Supporting franchisees to become successful small business owners is a driving motivation for 2016 QLD/NT Field Manager of the Year, Stephen Halls, who is himself a former franchisee.
“Most people who join a franchise are on a journey,” said Halls. “They are either looking for a job or looking to go into business for the first time, so seeing them become successful in their own right, whether it be financially or time-wise, for me is the most rewarding aspect of the role.
Following their success, all winners have qualified as finalists for the MYOB FCA National Excellence in Franchising Awards. The Gala Awards Dinner will be held in Canberra on Tuesday 11 October at the culmination of the 2016 National Franchise Convention.
- QLD/NT Single Unit Franchisee of the Year, two or more staff: Drew Sherwin and Amanda Monaghan, Specsavers, Australia Fair
- QLD/NT Franchise Woman of the Year: Francesca Webster, Brazilian Beauty
- QLD/NT Field Manager of the Year: Stephen Halls, Poolwerx
- QLD/NT Franchisee Community Contribution and Responsibility: Ryan Kirkham, Bakers Delight, Kawana & Maroochydore
Future Awards presentation dates for 2016
- FCA NSW/ACT Excellence in Franchising Awards: Monday 11 April
- FCA VIC/TAS Excellence in Franchising Awards: Monday 6 June
- FCA WA Excellence in Franchising Awards: Friday 15 July
- FCA SA Excellence in Franchising Awards: Monday 15 August