Top 5 tips from Boost Juice founder as she joins hall of fame
Janine Allis, founder of franchised drinks chain Boost Juice, has been named by The Australian Businesswomen's Network in its 2013 Hall of Fame.
The ABN Hall of Fame honours trailblazing Aussie female business owners. CEO of The Australian Businesswomen's Network, Suzi Dafnis, said "The women we profile serve as role models and mentors for women in all business sectors, encouraging them to realise their business goals"
Dafnis said the biggest change in business has been technology and women have responded with ingenuity and creativity.
"The changes in technology over the past 10 years have really enabled women-lead flexible, innovative and globally-competitive businesses. All the women in our 2013 ABN Hall of Fame have used technology in some way to help their business. Technology has enabled them to start and build their businesses regardless of three elements that could have once been barriers - family responsibilities, geographic location or operating from home."
JANINE'S TOP 5 STRATEGIES FOR SUCCESS
- Before you get going, ensure you have the best team to achieve your goal.
- Always keep connected with your customers - give them an avenue to speak to you.
- Product – make your product unique in some way, don't be better, be different.
- Position – position your business in a location that is right for your business. My business needs high levels of foot traffic. Be prepared to pay extra for the right spot. Position also means in the mind of the consumers; what do your customers think you are famous for?
- Price is an important marketing tool. Too cheap can be as detrimental as too expensive. Price needs to reflect value.
Check out this year's line-up in the Hall of Fame.