Franchise set to expand in WA, SA and VIC

By Sarah Stowe | 08 Feb 2017 View comments

Which franchise is expanding nationally with 10 sites set to open in 2017? MBE is gearing up for growth. Image: www.thevirtualbeancounters.com

Mail Boxes Etc. (MBE) is gearing up for growth in 2017.

CEO Clayton Treloar says there are plans to open 10 new franchises in Western Australia, South Australia and Victoria.

“We have been in Australia for 20 years, and there is no time like the present to expand,” he said in a report by Australian Printer.

“The east-coast market is doing well, sales were up over the year. We have every CBD in Australia covered already, so we are looking to move into new suburbs and branch out.”

MBE launched financial assistance for incoming franchisees in July last year. The initial investment for a franchise is $125,000-$150,000.

Treloar says the brand doesn’t only offer printing but also shipping and mailbox services. Approximately 80 percent of the company’s business is in digital printing, with the other 20 percent split between its pack and ship activity, and virtual address offerings.

MBE Australia has also partnered with the Economy & Trade Department of the Italian Embassy in Canberra to help grow the shipping and courier part of its business. MBE has over 500 locations in Italy alone.

Like the sound of MBE? Find out more about buying a franchise.