Bakers Delight heats up for Bundraiser Day
Bakers Delight staff are feeling the heat, preparing to bake over 432,000 hot cross buns as part of its Bundraiser charity event.
Bundraiser Day, held on 24 March, will raise money for sick kids at the children’s hospitals across the country.
Six hundred and fifteen Bakers Delight franchises will donate $1 from every six pack of hot cross buns sold, to raise over $128,000 for medical equipment for the hospitals.
Chris Caldwell, general manager of Operations said, “Easter is by far our busiest time of the year, so it’s a great opportunity to give back to the hospitals across the country and make a difference to the lives of children”.
“We’ve set ourselves a goal of surpassing our Bundraiser fundraising effort from last year and we’ll be busy baking to achieve that. We encourage all our customers to make their hot cross bun purchase count on March 24.”
Nationally, hospitals set to benefit from Bakers Delight’s fundraising efforts include:
- Royal ChildrenÕs Hospital Good Friday Appeal (VIC)
- Sydney ChildrenÕs Hospital Foundation (NSW)
- John Hunter Hospital (Newcastle, NSW)
- Royal ChildrenÕs Hospital Foundation (QLD)
- Princess Margaret Hospital Foundation (WA)
- WomenÕs and ChildrenÕs Hospital Foundation (SA)
- Royal Hobart Hospital (TAS)
- The Canberra Hospital (ACT)