Food is everything to our family. It’s what we laugh, cry and bond over, and have done so since we were kids. Through Roll’d, we aim to share the things that matter most to us – great food and memorable experiences.
Bao Hoang grew up with a monstrous appetite for his mother’s traditional Vietnamese home cooking. With experience working as a franchisee, Bao’s passion for entrepreneurship combined with his love of food, family and heritage inspired the idea for Roll’d.
Enlisting school friend and suited banker, Ray Esquieres, was the first natural step. With extensive experience from his time at JP Morgan, The Suit had all the skills required to become the Roll’d operations guru.
Next came Mr. Hospitality, Tin Ly, to complete the winning trifecta. Tin grew up working in his family’s Vietnamese bakery and, along with hands-on hospitality experience, he brought his family’s specialty – the Bánh Mì – to the mix.
On the opening day of the first Roll’d store, the three were very proud of the organised chaos they had created with their rice paper rolls selling out in just one and a half hours!
Fast forward to today, with over 85 stores across six states and territories and international expansion in the works, the Roll’d Vietnamese phenomenon shows no signs of slowing down!
Fresh, fast, convenient.
Our food is inspired by Bao and Tin’s mothers, Mama Hoang and Mama Ly, who on top of working 18-hour days to create a better life for their families, found joy in creating simple, honest, memorable meals.
Vietnamese food is one of the healthiest cuisines in the world, and our menu has been designed to provide variety and value-for-money, so customers can enjoy eating with us multiple times a week.
Our stores reflect the lively, fresh nature of Vietnamese street food. Customers know our food is fresh with high-quality ingredients as they watch it all come to life right before their eyes.
Our stores are designed to highlight this freshness, while also maintaining speed of service and quality customer interactions.
We now have over 85 stores across six states and territories. We use our experience, market dominance and well-established relationships with real estate agents and landlords to secure the best locations, with each location carefully selected based on key criteria around the specific precinct and its suitability for the brand.
- Love – A love of food, culture and family sits at the heart of our business. Everything we do, we do with love
- Share – We love sharing the best of ourselves with the world, including our heritage and food – giving people a true taste of Vietnamese hospitality.
- Make Memories – We strive to make every day memorable and take customers on a journey of new tastes and flavours – offering them a welcome escape from forgettable, bland meals.
- Dream – We’re optimistic and believe in following our dreams. We dare to dream big, constantly innovating and challenging ourselves.
- Honour – We aim to always do what’s right and are true to our word and family.
- Be compassionate – Being empathetic and acting in a selfless manner is key. We care about others and aspire to help those less fortunate than ourselves.
Our recipe for success
Franchise systems are like a marriage – it is important that both parties (franchisor and franchisee) set expectations, communicate clearly and continually add value to each other. And, like any happy marriage, it should also involve enjoying lots of great food together!
- Established brand and customer base – We are the largest Vietnamese food franchise business in Australia, with a geographical presence across six states and territories, and a widespread customer base who are passionate about our food. Last year alone we served over 6 million customers, just Phở-nomenal
- Buying power – With the number of stores now in our network, we have the buying power to create a more efficient supply chain. Our network also allows for people-sharing which fosters group support and creates positive competitive environments that encourage our leaders to excel and succeed. Go team!
- Soldiers® – Roll over sushi rolls! We created a new healthy on-the-go option that’s even better – Roll’d Soldiers® (Rice Paper Rolls). Similarly shaped and packaged to sushi rolls, and complemented by a variety of delicious sauces, it’s hard to go past Soldiers® for taste, convenience and bang for buck. Soldier® on!
- Operational support – The Roll’d support team will visit your store on a regular basis to support you in operating all aspects of your business and will help you maintain compliance to all policies, procedures and best practice. (Be prepared for them to want to taste-test your food if they’re hungry!)