The Old Macdonald’s Travelling Farms dream became a reality in 1989 and with it the Philosophy of ‘Bringing the country to the city’ and to all sectors of the community.
Our aim is to bring to the city an experience of country life, in a fun and educational way.
To this day our franchisees, who come from a variety of backgrounds including bank manager, industrial chemist, farmers, engineers, truckies, sales personnel and childcare workers, enjoy the commitment they have made to this philosophy.
Schools, childcare, aged care, playgroups, shows, shopping centres and parties are some of the events at which you will see Old Macdonald’s Farms. We say ‘there is nothing we cannot do, you name it we have done it!’. Just say the name ‘Old Macdonald’s Farms and it conjures up a heap of stories and smiles from everyone.
Old Macdonald Farms service is provided to every member of the public whether for:
- Primary School
- Outside School Hours Care
- Sporting Clubs
- Agricultural Shows
- Open Days
- Aged Care
- Retail Centres
We bring a variety of baby farm animals in a large fenced area, under a UV Marquee. The Public is offered the experience of hand feeding, grooming and bottle feeding our babies.
We provide informative agricultural lectures (and written resources), whilst managing a hands on approach to farm animals.
A nostalgic experience for the mature client, to possibly a first experience for the very young.
Fun for everyone!
- No prior experience required.
- We require honesty. Integrity, reliability and a stable family background.
- All training provided in every aspect of the franchise operation.
- A Tree Change Lifestyle for those who are over the 9-5 routine
- Family members can be involved
- Training in all aspects of Husbandry
- Sales and Office procedures
- Field Operations
- 24 Hr Support
- Client Database
- Operations step by step Manual
- OMF Computer manual
- Own web page / Facebook page
- Help with initial advertising campaign
- Exclusive Territory
A redeeming factor of Old Macdonald’s Travelling Farms is the ability to source surplus livestock for our basic flock.
Giving them a meaningful and useful life and a new home in retirement.