Anytime Fitness gym franchises discuss their path to success
Despite a 7% decline in the number of Australian franchisors over the past two years as reported in the Franchising Australia 2010 survey, siblings Justin and Jacinta McDonnell have managed to reach success with gym franchises, Anytime Fitness.
With a background in sports and fitness, the McDonnells introduced the worlds fastest growing 24-hour gym franchise to Australia in 2008, at a time when many other franchises were experiencing the strain of the economic downturn.
They managed to grow their national franchise to an annual turnover exceeding $3.3M in 2009/10 and now have plans to open 300 new fitness training franchises in Australia within the next 5 years.
By incorporating 12 elements into their franchising system, the duo say franchising has played a large role in helping achieve their goals.
Justin McDonnell says franchisors can duplicate their results by;
- Staying positive and focused
- Spending enough money
- Staying on brand
- Adopting a ‘less is more’ approach
- Being across what is happening on a day-to-day basis
- Ensuring an environment and culture which promotes team work with high energy, passion and dedication.
- Allowing franchisees some latitude in their business while ensuring that the basic principles and brand essence behind your franchise model are followed.
- Ensuring franchisees and staff know the rules
- Challenging and setting goals
- Celebrating success
- Hiring to inspire
- Enjoying what you do