Franchise Council of Australia
What is the Franchise Council of Australia?
The Franchise Council of Australia is the industry representative body for the Australian franchise sector. We represent franchisors, franchisees and suppliers to the sector – including financial institutions, legal advisors, bookkeepers, IT consultants, HR consultants and many more.
Whether we are offering advice on best practice franchising, contributing to government policies, promoting franchising in the media or providing educational services to our members, the FCA does its part to make the sector a sustainable place to work. We ensure that all activities and services which benefit franchising will benefit the broader community including: franchisees, franchisors, employees and their local economies and communities.
What FCA membership means is credibility – which is maintained through our member standards and the Franchising Code of Conduct; professional support – through education programs, networking opportunities and regular events; and representation - if the government proposes changes to policy that will negatively affect the sector then the FCA puts its hand up for you.
How can membership to the FCA assist your business?
- FCA Update – informative monthly e-newsletter informing you of the issues affecting the sector and updates on FCA related activities;
- The Franchise Review – quarterly publication containing news, issues and commentary aimed to increase your knowledge base and inform the decision making processes of senior management within the sector;
- The FCA Franchise Academy will equip those people developing a career in Franchising with the skills and knowledge vital for their success and the continuing success of the sector. Members receive a discount on all education programs.
- The FCA coordinates member feedback for the compilation and representation of submissions to government on relevant franchising issues.
- Breakfasts, lunches and dinners in all states provide networking opportunities and guest speakers from some of the countries biggest and most influential business people.
- FCA membership enables you to use the FCA logo and brand in your marketing activities. The member standards ensure that the FCA brand is perceived as a mark of credibility and professional excellence.
- Advertising on www.franchisebusiness.com.au gives you access over 78,000 potential franchisees and existing franchisors on Australia’s premier franchise website.
- The pre-eminent franchising Awards process in Australia. The MYOB Excellence in Franchising Awards is open to franchisors, franchisees and suppliers to the sector and will give you the opportunity to showcase your products, services and people on the national stage.
- The FCA holds annual state and national conferences which are the largest of their kind in the Southern Hemisphere. The conferences include exhibitions, guest speakers, roundtables, plus much more. Members save 30% on their conference registration fees.
- The FCA undertakes public relations activities to continually reiterate the positive aspects off franchising, and to create a public image of franchising conducive to its continued growth in Australia.
- All members have equal voting rights and all members are eligible to become committee members or office bearers of state chapters, as well as direct election to the national board. Only FCA members have an effective say in the future of franchising in Australia.
Fill in the email form on this page and we will be in touch shortly.–